Monday 9 January 2017

Lokhvitsa Campaign Day 1 - Game 2

DAY 1 GAME 2 – ATTACK/COUNTER-ATTACK VARIANT


This after action report like the previous one see link below took place end Oct/Nov 2015 (my backlog of games to write up goes back even further than this and shockingly I started writing this post back in 2015). The games' scenario and specific rules are the same as game 1 see Lokhvitsa campaign day 1 game 1

The Forces
German
See Lokhvitsa-campaign-day-1-game-1 German Forces

Total Points 447
Total BR 36
Officers 4
Scouts 3

Soviet
PtsForward HQ 

23Forward HQ plus T26




PtsInfantry 

58
16
14
27
Motorised Rifle platoon
Medium  trucks x 4
Anti tank rifle team
Infantry gun and komoslets tactor





PtsTanks 

72T26 platoon

PtsRecon Units

30Sniper and spotter x 2

PtsArtillery Units

16
48
6

Observation Team
45mm AT gun battery
plus horse tow




PtsAdditional Fire Support

100Timed 76.2mm artillery strike


Pts     Special Units
4        Supply column
8        T5-Z6 Armoured mmo carrier
28      AA vehicle
18      AT 1 spg

Total BR 31
Scouts 2

The Game

For the afternoon game my opponent was Russ, fielding a Soviet force very much after my own heart. He took loads of artillery. In games with friends I'd been talked out of fielding this kind of force and I was about to find out why. It was classic shock and awe.


My objective marker. No it's not Mr Tumnus.

I won the recce round. First BR token for my opponent. My confidence soars. Russ deploys first then I did taking a strong position around the village.

My sniper on the right is a veteran of my childhood being a Airfix German Mountain trooper, backed up by a metal MG crew.

Russ's AA vehicle and sniper team

Russ's FHQ and infantry platoon. I love the little artillery tractor.

Aerial shot of the board

The first of the Soviet timed artillery strikes lands pinning 2 units (white smoke) my 88mm's prime mover and Pz I

The dice show that my units are on ambush fire

My FHQ, infantry HQ squad and mortar team 


Waiting for the Soviets to show themselves. My armoured car has taken the objective, another BR token for Russ.

A look at the Soviets in the distance. Not a lot visible

Another timed artillery strike pinning my MG team and destroying a Pz II

At last Soviet targets arrive


My ability to strike at the newly arrived Soviet targets rapidly diminishes under more timed artillery strikes destroying my 88mm, it's prime mover and 2 PzIIs. I'm picking up lots of BR tokens now

Oh joy, more artillery


Horse drawn limber look great, and are now on my 'want' list.

The Soviet tanks unsurprisingly take out my armoured car and claim the objective.

Just about visible bottom of the picture one of my PzIIs takes out a T26

More artillery later and there are no more PzII's in play. My infantry whoop for joy as a T26 breaks through to the road


Soviet general advance to be stopped by rifles and grenades only if they are not pinned by the time the rolling juggernaut of Soviet might arrives in range

Russ's 3 tokens at the end of the game

My many tokens. Another German massacre but I loved the game. Russ kindly wrote up his list for me so I could a) blog it and b) use it!

1 comment: